Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Down To You by: Michelle Leighton


 The scorching tale of one girl and two brothers in a love triangle...that's not.

Olivia Townsend is nothing special. She's just a girl working her way through college so she can return home to help her father run his business. She's determined not to be the second woman in his life to abandon him, even if it means putting her own life on hold. To Olivia, it's clear what she must do. Plain and simple. Black and white.

But clear becomes complicated when she meets Cash and Nash Davenport. They're brothers. Twins.

Cash is everything she's always wanted in a guy. He's a dangerous, sexy bad boy who wants her in his bed at any cost. He turns her insides to mush and, with just one kiss, makes her forget why he's no good for her.

Nash is everything she's ever needed in a guy. He's successful, responsible and intensely passionate. But he's taken. Very taken, by none other than Marissa, Liv's rich, beautiful cousin. That doesn't stop Olivia from melting every time he looks at her, though. With just one touch, he makes her forget why they can never be together.

Black and white turns to shades of gray when Olivia discovers the boys are hiding something, something that should make her run as far and as fast as she can. But it's too late to run. Olivia's already involved. And in love. With both of them.

Both brothers make her heart tremble. Both brothers set her body on fire.

She wants them both.

And they want her.

How will she ever choose between them?


Okay, so I finally got to read Down To You, and I have to say I'm ecstatic that I finally got around to it.  The witty dialogue and pure spunk of the characters had me laughing almost as much as my favorite book, Improper English, and that's saying a lot.  While most of the time while I'm reading, you'll see either a glimmer of tears or a smirk pop up on my face, its rather hard for a book to break enough through my shell to cause me to have an actual visual reaction.  Well, be proud Michelle, you had me laughing til my sides hurt!

"Are you all right?"
I'm discombobulated.  "I'm just glad I didn't pee all over myself," I blurt.  I see his mouth drop open a tiny bit and I feel my cheeks go up in flames.


 
I figured the story line would be the usual, good girl has history with bad boys, falls for new bad boy, but somehow manages to change him.  A good, well used story line.  But, Michelle threw an outrageous twist on it, and I mean an enormous, what-the-ef twist.  One that I'm still partially in shock over.  It made me happy, yet mad at the same time.  Happy, because it solved one of Olivia's biggest problems.  Mad because it threw a different light onto the story and caused my anxiousness to amp up waaay to much to where I snapped at my boyfriend for interrupting me.... (sorry Jeremy, still love you ;) )..... so I'm currently grounded from reading for a day :( I blame you Michelle (but the story was worth it).
 

It's just like Marissa to jump right in with the heavy artillery, like guilt and extortion.
I'm so proud to be related to the devil's mistress.
 
 
Now, lets talk about the completely drool worthy aspect, Cash/Nash.  Oh my flipping monkeys, if there was ever a character I would break up with my boyfriend for, Cash/Nash would be it.  The mystery, wounded bad boy appeal, intelligence, sexuality and body to die for.... woooooo child, you had me panting over that one ;)

 
"You are such a piece of shit," I yell into the quiet cab, slapping the horn accidentally.  It makes a sound like a wounded duck.  "Don't you talk back to me! You're this close to going to car heaven at the junk yard."
 
The only part of this book I had an issue with, was the ending.  I know, it can kill a book, but I'm glad it didn't kill Down To You, even if it was a let down.  The entire book was filled with so much spunk and was such a quick read that when I got to the ending I wasn't read for the slow, 'awe how sweet' happy ending.  I wanted the book to end with more of a bang between the characters (pun not intended).  While it was sweet and a happy 'yay I'm glad they're together' moment, it just wasn't in sync with the writing in the previous parts.  The epilogue made up for it some, with the threat of danger and 'oh shit' moments to come, but it was still a let down. 
 
Still, I loved the characters, and am anxious to read the next book to come out!  Down To You is not for young adults, way too many hot sex scenes in it for you kiddies, you can read it when you're older ;)
 
 
To purchase your copy of Down To You on Kindle click HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment