Saturday, April 20, 2013

An Update

Hey everyone!
I know you guys are probably wondering where in the world I went too. Well, I didn't mean to leave you. I came into some really bad health issues, which lead to financial issues. So, I was regrettably forced away for an unforeseeable amount of time, and I apologize for that.

It has come to a point where I have to make a decision. It was rather frightening to discover that I can't do everything that I want to do, no human can, and to continue on as I am will lead to devastating consequences. I'm a mother, that always comes first and I'll never give that up. I'm an author, and I'll never give that up either. So that leaves only one thing for me to take out of my life. And that is the massive blogging that I have been doing.

Yes, I love to read, I'll always love to read and I will post reviews and giveaways for whenever I get the chance to read. But I had created insane schedules and was trying to fit a 40 hour day into only 24. That falls solely on me. I've always been stubborn and I told myself that if I was going to blog, then by God I was going to be the best blogger out there. I didn't take into account all the hours that come along with it, and how much that would effect not only me, but my family as well.
 
So, while I am not giving up blogging in its entirety, I am cutting it back to a more manageable level, and will only be doing reviews and giveaways as I find time to do them.
 
I want to thank each and every one of you for standing by me through all of this madness. You guys mean a lot to me, and I love you all.
 
Now that we've gotten the bad news out of the way, I do have some good news to impart!
My 26th birthday is coming up rather quickly, and I want a BIG celebration. I mean, massively HUGE!
And I've been working on something with the help of our wonderful author community!
From June 1st through the 24th (my birthday) will be the
BIG GIVEAWAY BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA!
Now, what this all entails is that for every author I get involved, they will donate either one (or more) signed paperback(s) -OR- a signed ecopy!
There will also be a TON of swag and some giftcards!
Now, this WILL NOT go to just one person.
For however many authors are involved, is the amount of winners!
AND
I have a partial list to show you to wet your palettes!
 
SIGNED PAPERBACKS BY
Kimberly Karpov-Kinrade
JA Lynch
Denise Grover Swank
Ella James
Ann M. Hargrove
K Anne Raines
Cassia Leo
Kristie Haigwood
Nichole Chase
Willow Cross
Amy Miles
Karen Hooper
Lisa Morgan
Cambria Herbert
Misty Provencher
Milly Taiden
Tammy Blackwell
LL Hunter
M.R. Polish
Addison Moore
 
AND MANY MANY OTHERS!
There are more and more pouring in everyday!
The final list will be posted towards the beginning of June when everything is finalized!
I hope you all come join me in all the birthday fun and I hope you can forgive me for not being able to do what I had first set out to do.
 
Always and Forever,
Desiree


No comments:

Post a Comment